The Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine are within us all, but they are often in conflict. In today’s blog post, I will share with you what the sacred polarities represent in both their light and shadow version, but also how you can start healing the Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine within you.
DISCLAIMER : When I speak of masculinity or femininity, I speak of the divine energies and of the two polarities. I am not talking of the binary archetypes/ constructs related to gender.
Understanding the Divine Polarities
When studying static electricity in high school, one of the first principles we are taught is that the positively charged protons and the negatively charged electrons attract each other. And through this attraction, electricity can flow and the light bulb can go on!
To understand the Divine polarities, you could view this experience as a metaphor of the dynamic between the Sacred Masculine and the Sacred Feminine, who are both ESSENTIAL to keep this Universe rolling! To understand this dynamic a lot more in depth, I recommend the mind-blowing book The Healing of the Masculine and Feminine: How to Truly Change the World From the Inside.
The thing about the Divine polarities, that most people don’t understand, is that we ALL have, I repeat, we ALL have a Divine Masculine and a Divine Feminine.
Still, because of our chosen gender, we usually need to embody our natural polarity a lot more often. As an example, as a woman, I feel more at ease when I allow myself to relax, receive and nurture. I will have times where I need to take action, to initiate, to “penetrate”, then, I for sure switch to my Divine Masculine.
But because we live in a society where our link with the spiritual and the natural rhythms of life is broken, it can be difficult to relate or even operate from our natural polarity. You probably heard a lot of things about the current Toxic Masculinity of our society. Let me tell you that both the Masculine and the Feminine are wounded nowadays. But healing is possible, and easier than you think… so read ahead!
Correspondances of the Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine
In the higher octave of the polarities, we have a refined, pure and mature expression of their energy. Here’s a table to help you understand how each polarity is different, yet complementary to the other. There is no “weak” or “strong” polarity, each has its strengths and weaknesses, like most things in the Universe!
On the lower expression of the polarities, and when these sacred energies are wounded or misused, they become what our society today births way too often.
Healing the Sacred Polarities
Healing the Sacred Masculine
Here’s a few ways through which you can heal the wounded Divine Masculine:
- Take action: The Divine Masculine is a King. He wants to stand up for what he believes in, to act, to build, to create. Instead of going to war automatically, he can become a fine strategist, build prosperous cities and turn his land to a flourishing civilization. It’s all about choosing how we want to express that action-driven and fire-fueled energy.
- Be generous: Giving willingly to others is an attribute of the King. When we’re stingy, constantly focused on what we can take from others, we do not honor the eternal bliss and abundance within us that can shower the world with its energy, be active, proactive and a real contributor in this lifetime.
- Train your mind: The Divine Masculine is our conscious mind, therefore, you can’t heal if you do not first become a master of your conscious mind. Meditation can be of great help. There aren’t that many great resources about Divine Masculinity in my opinion, but one resource that I find extremely interesting is Path of the Sacred Masculine: Contemplation Tools for Your Journey.
- Train your physical body: Sport is a great ally! Go on hikes, take adventures, camp outdoors… The more you build your resistance and strength in organic, healthy (and kind manners), the stronger you’ll be mentally and emotionally.
- Find honor in defeat: After the fight, we need to let go and surrender. Move on to the next mountain to climb. Arguing, fighting and brawling for the sake of it is to burn out your Divine Masculine, and to over charge him with unhealthy resentment and frustration.
- Heal your relationship with your father figure: When I speak of the father figure, I don’t necessarily mean your father in flesh and blood, but your “internal father”. Reparenting yourself and healing the wounds of our inner child in relation with our parents is a very important process. Astrology can help you understand this better. Astrology, you can take a look at where Saturn falls in your chart, as well as the Sun and your 10th. For more information on this, make sure to book your own personal birth chart interpretation.
Healing your Sacred Feminine
When it comes to the Divine Feminine, here’s a few ideas to balance this energy:
- Express yourself artistically: Open your horizon to putting images, colors, shapes and sounds on your feelings. Art is a great way to connect with the creative essence of the Divine Feminine.
- Focus on self-care: Take time to rest, to go to the SPA, to look after your nails, to go to the doctor, set healthier boundaries, etc. When we’re in our Divine Feminine energy, we know that the body, mind and soul are sacred temples, and that it must always be looked after, pampered and honored.
- Allow yourself to receive: The energy of the Queen is laid back, she does not hustle, she does not run after what she wants: she attracts! All she needs to do is be, and it will naturally and effortlessly come to her. Make sure to work on your Law of Attraction and Manifestation techniques, as a powerful Divine Feminine is truly a weapon of massive manifestation!
- Focus your unconscious mind: In order to impress your subconscious mind, you first need to direct your Conscious Mind. This is yet another example of how it’s literally impossible to heal a divine polarity without looking at the Divine Feminine and Masculine as an inseparable pair. But anyways, a few ways you can focus on your unconscious is through therapy, shadow work, meditation, plant medicine, divination, regressive hypnotherapy and other practices that allow us to reach deep or altered states of consciousness.
- Reconnect with your body: Dive deeper into what it means to be sensual, with your body and what makes you a Goddess. One of my favorite reads is Awakening the Goddess, a practical and magickal guidebook written by an inspiring spiritual mentor that truly helped me embody my inner Goddess!
- Collaborating with others, helping others, being caring and loving to yourself and the people around you without judgement or criticism is also very helpful. To use the beauty of the Divine Feminine to inspire others and uplift them is very essential here.
- Heal your relationship with your Mother Figure: Just like I mentioned with the Divine Masculine, this is not necessarily your real mother, but your internal Mother figure and concept of motherhood. In Astrology, this is often stored in your natal Moon, Venus and 4th House. To learn more about this, you can download my free guide “How to read your own birth chart“.
Healing the Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine through Astrology
Astrology is a well of wonders. Through interpreting your natal chart, you can uncover your life mission, your challenges, strengths and weaknesses.
Your Natal chart can help you pinpoint the dynamic you have in relation with the Divine Polarities. First thing you can do is take a look at your element balance. Do you have a majority of Fire Signs, or maybe do you have a Water Sign Stellium? Make sure to read my article on the 4 elements to understand this better.
To get more information about your inner Divine Feminine, and like I mentioned above, take a look at your natal Moon, as well as your natal Venus and 4th House. For more details on how your inner Divine Masculine is doing, take a look at your natal Saturn, as well as your Sun and 10th House.
In which House are these luminaries located? And in which sign? Do they have a lot of aspects going on? What types of aspects, and with what planets/signs? To dive deeper into your natal placements and what the stars have in store for you, make sure to book your professional astrology birth chart reading with me.
Embracing the Lover’s Journey
If we don’t balance our own Feminine and Masculine forces, our internal world will always look like a battlefield. And because reality is nothing but the reflection of what’s going on within, we will keep on attracting dusty partners who either re-enact our traumas, or force us to face the wounded polarity we’re ignoring or denying in ourself.
Example: You’re a woman who hasn’t balanced her inner polarities, you attract passive partners in their wounded Femininity who are unable to take actions, overly-sensitive, needy and emotionally manipulative. You want them to take you out on dates, to fight for your love and show you they love you; yet, they are not able of serving that role. This builds resentment within you, forcing you to enter even deeper states of Wounded Masculinity.
The Universe, in this example, is trying to show you (again) the dynamic that you need to heal within. This relationship is asking you to step into your awakened Masculine, and to make peace with your own wounded polarities in order to grow, expand, and someday, attract that dream partner you’ve been dreaming about. Or better, become that dream partner!
You get it: toxic patterns will keep on repeating themself, a little like Ground Hog Day, as long as you haven’t found a way to love both your giving, logical, active side, AND your receiving, emotional, passive side. Remember the quote by Sufi Scholar Rumi:
“Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”Rumi
Thank you for reading this article, I hope you start healing your Divine Feminine and Divine masculine and integrating the inner alchemy that happens when we can fill our own cup! Don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter to receive monthly resources and insights.
Sign up to the Living Simplyy newsletter
Join the Living Simplyy high-vibe tribe and get access to exclusive astrological updates, resources, and content to help you navigate your spiritual journey. No spams. No fluff. Just juicy information, and love. Opt-out any time!