Either we’re thinking of the Greek goddess Selene, or Ayyur, the Amazigh lunar deity, the Moon has many valuable lessons to teach us. Lunar living can help us tune in with our inner Goddess and manifest our dreams with more ease. In today’s article, I will share with you what each lunar cycle represents. But also, how you can powerfully (yet, effortlessly) manifest with the Moon phases.
Humanity’s biggest fascination
We have always been fascinated by the Moon. Unquestionably, the Moon has been present in our beliefs, religions, art, poetry and dreams for thousands of years. And for valid reasons: the Moon is our light amidst darkness. An ever-changing rock, yet, somehow always remaining the same.
First, it’s good to remember that the Moon regulates the tides and the rise and fall of sea levels. By correspondence, this celestial body governs our inner Water element. In other words: our emotions, our feelings, our sense of safety, comfort and security, our nurturing nature as well as our instincts. Besides, the influence of the Moon is especially important for us women since it regulates our menstrual cycle.
Although our Gregorian modern calendar is Solar-based, the Moon is still used to determine some major events in the Western world, like Easter. A few calendars around the world use the lunar rhythm, like the Muslim and Chinese calendars. The Jewish and Hindu calendars are Luni-Solar, with a blend of both the Sun’s and the Moon’s activity.
Nowadays, modern mystics, witches, neo pagans and law of attraction enthusiasts around the world have realized the importance of lunar living. With this in mind, a lot more people have opened up to the idea of manifesting with the Moon phases.
Understanding the phases of the Moon
There’s a total of 8 lunar phases: New Moon, Waxing Crescent, First Quarter, Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter and Waning Crescent. This monthly cycle is what we call a lunation, and it repeats every 29.5 days.
In order to help you supercharge your manifestation intentions and create more momentum in your life, I will focus on the main 4 phases I work with. Let’s take a look at these 4 stages, the types of rituals you could try during each phase.
1 – NEW MOON
The New Moon usually represents the beginning of a new cycle, so it’s a wonderful time to plant seeds and set intentions for the forthcoming weeks. Astrologically, the New Moon brings our collective focus to the affairs of the sign in which it falls. It’s always interesting to look at where the New Moon is happening in your natal birth chart.
For example, if there’s a New Moon happening in the sign of Pisces, looking at where Pisces falls in your chart will give you tremendous clues about which areas in your life you should focus on, and what could eventually pop up for you. If you’re curious about how you can read your own birth chart, I have a free guide for you that can help you pinpoint these elements.
Rituals for the New Moon:
At this time of the month, make sure to journal, create vision board or visualize your goals of the month. Make it as specific and clear as possible. You could also bless and consecrate items, jewelry or places.
2 – 1st QUARTER
The First Moon Quarter is the moment our seed needs to be taken care of as they are now growing. Our efforts need to be consistent with our intention. For instance, there is no better time to pass a driving license, start a business or launch a new project.
Rituals for the 1st Quarter:
Pal, there’s no short-cut to success. Work and dedication will be your best rituals for this lunar cycle! Start that project, learn something new, send that job application, work hard on your online business… I guarantee you that your sense of initiation, drive and determination won’t go unnoticed by the Universe!
3 – FULL MOON
The Full Moon is the harvesting, the time where our seed has turned into a flower. In other terms, this is the climax, like the top of a giant roller coaster. For one thing is sure: this is where we can start feeling and seeing our first results. And it’s usually thrilling!
In Astrology, Full Moons are culmination points, an ideal time to express and release what doesn’t serve us anymore. Make sure to let go of any negative patterns that hold you back and hinder your growth.
During the Full Moon, the entire Moon is visible in the sky… so are our emotions! Remember the big bad werewolf? This is where the stories comes from! The spotlight is on the darkest corners of our psyche. Watch out for impulsive responses, and don’t let minor details get under your skin.
Rituals for the Full Moon:
Any ritual is amplified during the full Moon. Even relationships or conversations can turn into blessings (or curses) if done with the right mindset under this lunation. Here’s 3 ideas you could try:
- Make Moon water: For instance, start by pouring water in a cup. Set an intention for that water (healing, blessing, power, confidence, etc) and leave it under the moonlight the entire night, or for a few hours. Make sure to protect it from insects or dirt if you’re going to digest it! This potent water can later on be used for multiple purposes like cleansing spaces or blessing items.
- Channel: During the full Moon, we have access to a side of our psyche that is usually unaccessible to us. This grants us us extra psychic awareness and openness to receive divine guidance, intuition and insights. Pull out our your favorite tarot or oracle card deck, use a quartz pendulum, learn the ancient art of tea leaf divination, have an automatic writing seance… All divination forms will be highly beneficial to you. The easiest way to channel information, without going too “woo-woo” is to meditate!
- Get it on! Tantric dancing, Yoni massage, Kundalini yoga… all activities related to the metaphorical and physical act of climaxing are very powerful during a full Moon. Making love or getting married under a full Moon is usually a great thing!
4 – LAST QUARTER
During the Last Quarter, we are asked to assess and correct. After the climax, it is time to analyze the results. What came our way, what didn’t? What can we improve to maximize our success? What processes proved to be efficient compared to the rest? What synchronicities or help did we receive down the road?
Rituals for the Last Quarter:
- Get lighter: This is the perfect time to unfollow or delete those people from your life. You could get rid of bad habits, throw away old clothes… Above all, make space for the new!
- Cleanse your Body, Soul and Spirit: Banishing rituals are excellent during this period. An easy one for beginners would be to take a piece of paper, write down all the limiting habits and beliefs holding you down. This could be gossiping, procrastination, self-doubt, etc. Meditate for a few minutes and allow yourself to feel each and every item of your list from the heart. Why did you resort to that behavior? How is it now hindering your progress? Why do you want to release it? What did you learn from resorting to that negative space? Finally, burn the piece of paper and feel all these traits leaving your auric field.
F.Y.I: When using fire, always be safe guys! Keep a bucket of water nearby. You want to burn habits, not your entire house down!
In conclusion, when we attune to the energy of the Moon, we can become riding the cosmic waves of ease, bliss, smoothness and flow. Instead of resisting, we can enter an effortless swim down the current of abundance.
Meanwhile, if you’re interested in knowing which lunar phase holds the most personal power for you, how you can use the energy of your Natal Moon, and what the Moon at the moment of your birth says about your past, present and future, feel free to book your personalized Astrological birth chart reading.
I hope that you found this guide to manifest with the moon phases helpful, and that all your goals and dreams will come to fruition. I would love to know how this process works for you, let me know in the comment section down below or via private message on my Instagram account.
Sign up to our monthly Living Simplyy newsletter
Join our Living Simplyy high vibe tribe and get access to exclusive astrological updates, resources and content to help you navigate your spiritual journey. Opt out any time!