The Magic of Colors: The Ultimate Guide to Color Magick
There’s tremendous power in using the magic of colors wisely. Not only can it help you boost your manifestation mojo and get the results that you want, but it can also activate your inner magician within. Today, let yourself be guided towards this simple skill through this ultimate guide to color magick.
What is color magick / color therapy:
Color magic is basically using the color spectrum intentionally in order to invoke each colors properties.
If you’re thinking “what a pile of BS”, well you’re 1 very unfamiliar with magic and 2 very welcome because this video will change your mind completely! Make sure to watch until the end to understand not only what each color means and represents, but also some easy ways you can use colors.
Color therapy has been used as a tool to balance the mind through sensory perception for ages. In a nutshell, our senses are portals because they get the outside universe INSIDE of us. By using sight, and intentionally feeding yourself with certain frequencies, you can literally affect our inner and outer world.
Keep in mind that this has been known in numerous traditions and cultures around the world. One example that comes to mind is how colors are used in Ayurveda, the Indian healing science of life, to balance what we call the doshas, or energetic centers.
- Vata : To harmonize Vata, using warm and soft colors like red, orange, yellow or gold is ideal.
- Pita : To balance an excess of Pita, cold and pale colors are great. Think pastels, greens, blue, etc.
- Kapha : To call in Kapha energy, it’s good to use arid, warm and lavish colours like purple, red and yellow. Pale colors are to avoid (black, gray, white).
Colors and their use:
Now that we know what color magick / color therapy is, let’s dive straight into what each color means.
Quick disclaimer: the following list is non exhaustive. As important as it is to know the natural qualities, properties and correspondences of each color, you should also trust your gut and instinct. Some of us are naturally drawn or repelled by certain colors. This is a great indicator to what types of energies our system needs. At the same time, be open minded about this. Not using yellow because you find it ugly is not going to help you much. Make sure to experiment and find what best works for you.
|BLACK||Black, just like darkness or the night, is a great cloaking color. It is not only protective, but also great for grounding, hiding things, absorbing energy and banishing. This is why magicians or teenagers love wearing this color: it allows us to protect ourselves from unwanted energies and psychic attacks.|
Black, in popular culture, is also linked to the concept of darkness, death and chaos, although this is not at all what the color actually means, but it is deeply entrenched in our psyche, so keep in mind these correspondences too.
|WHITE||Contrary to black, white is a color that’s receptive and welcoming. Related to concepts of purity, serenity, peace and divine light, white is literally like a blank slate. Cleansing, purifying and sometimes “blinding”, this color can literally infuse places with calm and tranquility.|
|GREEN||Green is the color of love, abundance, fertility and health. Related to the heart chakra, think nature, life, abundance, lushy trees and dollar bills. Yes, green is also a great money attractor.|
If you want to promote great health or attract some extra cash flow, make sure to wear this color and use it in order to instill an abundance mindset within you. This is also a great color to use if you want to connect with the Earth, your body as well as manifest your desires into the physical.
|BLUE||Blue is related to the throat chakra, so to concepts such as communication, serenity, calm and peace. Related to the cold depths of water and the cold vastness of the sky, this color represents balance and calm. |
Using blue is great if you want to communicate better, add more harmony around you or instill your mental realm and physical reality with clarity and forgiveness.
|YELLOW||Yellow is the color of the Sun, so this is all about the solar plexus chakra, confidence, excitement, joy, sunlight, happiness, pleasure, inspiration and cheerfulness.|
Great for days when you’re feeling “blue” (excuse my pun), this color is also great to add pleasure and playfulness into your daily life. When yellow comes in a golden shade, the color is related to prosperity, money and royalty,
|Orange is the color of creativity and sexuality. Linked to the sacral chakra, orange awakens our creative centers, the ones we need to bring things to life. As a mix of yellow and red, this color has the ability to add a layer of vitality and ambition.|
|RED||So, red is the color of passion. This color is great when you want to be attractive, sexy and unleash that inner seductress. Because blood and fire are red, using this color is also linked to war, bravado, boldness, courage, competition, drive and all things ruled by Mars, the planet of sex and war.|
|PINK||Pink is all about romance. Less fiery that red, pink is related to self-love and more gentle affections. Perfect for nurturing self-care, nurture, kindness and compassion, this color can help us in our healing process.|
|PURPLE||Purple is the color of spirituality by excellence. Linked to the third eye chakra, to higher perceptivity, creativity and intuition, this color is all about wisdom, understanding and knowledge.|
Using purple in order to reach higher understanding and more spiritual growth is a great way. This color can also bring awareness and insights we didn’t have before.
|BROWN||Brown is the color of wood and earth, so all things grounded, solid and deeply rooted. This is a great color to use if you’ve been feeling uncentered or filled with anxiety. Brown is also an amazing way to bring in more practicality and resources to your life.|
Last but not least, neon and non-natural colors. See, the mind wants to see nature and normalcy. Because of this, all artificial colors around us (especially the ones we see on television, billboards or telephones) are way too bright for our eyes. As a result, these fake colors can bring you out of balance.
5 simple ways to use color magick in your daily life
Now that you know what each color means, let’s take a look at how you can incorporate them into you life, practically.
- First way you can incorporate colors is through… surprise surprise… wearing them! Either it’s clothing, accessories, handbags or jewelry, this is the most straightforward way to attract the desired energy into your life. You probably all had the hands on experience of the power of red lipstick on a date, but what’s interesting is that you can also take this further: think putting on a green shirt or nail colors for a job interview, buying blue pajamas to sleep better or wearing red shoes to a competition to add some courage within you.
- Second way you can use color magick in your daily life is surrounding yourself with it through home decor and art. By using colors in your space, you can impact your unconscious mind and internal world in a very subtle yet powerful way. Think flowers, paintings, bed sheets, wall colors and furniture.
- Third way you can use colors mindfully on a daily basis is literally eating them. I swear, no colors will be harmed through the process, but literally ingesting the colors will help you assimilate their benefits even quicker. Feeling uninspired and meh? Why not eat oranges, pumpkins and kakis. Feeling like you need a little more abundance in your life? Make sure to fill up on that salad. You get the picture…
- Fourth way to use colors is through adding them to your beauty routine through intentional make-up, hair color, nail polish and whatnot. This is especially powerful for my ladies and cosmic witches out there. Have fun with this.
- Fifth and last way you can use color magick to boost your manifestation mojo is through visualization. Through visualizing colors within your sphere and body as you meditate, you can invite the color’s frequency into your life, and literally anchor them to your spiritual and etheric body.
Colors for the Soul
Colors can be great allies to support your manifestation journey as well as emotional, mental and physical well-being. All you need to do is be more mindful and present when choosing the colors you decide to surround yourself with.
You might also want to take a look at how you’re already using these colors in your life. Maybe there’s a color you’re overusing, without necessarily being aware of its impact.
Maybe you’re wearing black too much, well don’t be surprised if you feel unheard or invisible most of the time. Wearing white at special events? Maybe that explains why you feel drained and bombarded afterwards. Understanding the relationship you have with colors today will help you be more aware going forward.
Sign up to the Living Simplyy newsletter
Join the Living Simplyy high-vibe tribe and get access to exclusive astrological updates, resources, and content to help you navigate your spiritual journey. No spams. No fluff. Just juicy information, and love. Opt-out any time!